Your relationship with Fugu
- Your use of Fugu's products, software, services and web sites (referred to collectively as the "Services" in this document and excluding any services provided to you by Fugu under a separate written agreement) is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and Fugu. This document explains how the agreement is made up, and sets out some of the terms of that agreement.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing with Fugu, your agreement with Fugu will always include, at a minimum, the terms and conditions set out in this document. These are referred to below as the "General Agreement".
- Your agreement with Fugu will also include the terms of any Legal Notices applicable to the Services, in addition to the General Agreement. All of these are referred to below as the "Additional Agreement". Where Additional Agreement apply to a Service, these will be accessible for you to read either within, or through your use of, that Service.
- The General Agreement, together with the Additional Agreement, form a legally binding agreement between you and Fugu in relation to your use of the Services. It is important that you take the time to read them carefully. Collectively, this legal agreement is referred to below as the "Agreement".
- If there is any contradiction between what the Additional Agreement say and what the General Agreement say, then the Additional Agreement shall take precedence in relation to that Service.
Accepting the Agreement
- In order to use the Services, you must first agree to the Agreement. You may not use the Services if you do not accept the Agreement.
You can accept the Agreement by:
- clicking to accept or agree to the Agreement, where this option is made available to you by Fugu in the user interface for any Service; or
- by actually using the Services. In this case, you understand and agree that Fugu will treat your use of the Services as acceptance of the Agreement from that point onwards.
Language of the Agreement
- Where Fugu has provided you with a translation of the English language version of the Agreement, then you agree that the translation is provided for your convenience only and that the English language versions of the Agreement will govern your relationship with Fugu.
- If there is any contradiction between what the English language version of the Agreement says and what a translation says, then the English language version shall take precedence.
Provision of the Services by Fugu
- Fugu has subsidiaries and affiliated legal entities around the world ("Subsidiaries and Affiliates"). Sometimes, these companies will be providing the Services to you on behalf of Fugu itself. You acknowledge and agree that Subsidiaries and Affiliates will be entitled to provide the Services to you.
- Fugu is constantly innovating in order to provide the best possible experience for its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services which Fugu provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
- As part of this continuing innovation, you acknowledge and agree that Fugu may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally at Fugu's sole discretion, without prior notice to you. You may stop using the Services at any time. You do not need to specifically inform Fugu when you stop using the Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that if Fugu disables access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Services, your account details or any files or other content which is contained in your account.
- Fugu VPN software runs only on Intel / AMD based computers, Android and Apple iPhone/iPad. Other CPUs (such as ARM or PowerPC) are not supported. Use on Virtual Machines is not officially supported.
- Fugu's IP addresses change from time to time. Fugu does not guarantee static / fixed / non-changing IPs on any VPN servers. Dedicated IPs are also subject to occasional change / swap, but it happens rarely.
Use of the Services by you
- You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by (a) the Agreement and (b) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other relevant countries).
You are not allowed to access or use Fugu Services if you are located, incorporated or otherwise established in, or a citizen or resident of:
- a country or region that is subject to comprehensive U.S. economic sanctions (such as those maintained by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”))
- a country or region that is subject to comprehensive E.U. economic sanctions
- Belarus, Burma, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Senegal, Seychelles, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Togo, United Arab Emirates or Zimbabwe
- a jurisdiction where it would be illegal according to Applicable Law for you (by reason of your nationality, domicile, citizenship, residence or otherwise) to access or use the Services; or
- where the publication or availability of the Services is prohibited or contrary to local law or regulation, or could subject Fugu to any local registration or licensing requirements(together, the “Restricted Jurisdictions”). Fugu may, in its sole discretion, implement controls to restrict access to its Services or website in any of the Restricted Jurisdictions. If Fugu determines that you are accessing the Services or Fugu website from any Restricted Jurisdiction, or have given false representations as to your location of incorporation, establishment, citizenship or place of residence, Fugu reserves the right to close any of your accounts immediately and prohibit further access to Fugu Services without any claim for refund.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services). This includes but is not limited to spamming, hacking, network attacks. Using Fugu service with any automated tools (for example but not limited to web crawlers, SEO tools, web spamming tools etc...) is not allowed.
- Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with Fugu, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Services for any purpose.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Fugu has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Agreement and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Fugu may suffer) of any such breach.
- Fugu account is untransferable. You can use it only on your own devices. You may not rent or share your Fugu account. You can use Fugu account on five physical devices at the same time unless otherwise stated in your active plan. The only limitation is that Fugu VPN can not be used on 2 or more routers at the same time, just one connected router per account is allowed.
- Fugu Personal VPN is for personal use only. If you wish to use Fugu for business purposes, you must have our Business Solution. You can contact us at email@example.com for more details.
- Some product features advertised on our website (such as but not limited to AI Mode) and certain protocols may be unavailable in your country. For complete details about availability of individual features please ask our support. By purchasing Fugu membership you agree that some features / protocols / devices supported may be limited without prior notice. Such change of available services is not a valid reason for full nor partial refund.
Privacy and your personal information
- You agree to the use of your data in accordance with Fugu's privacy policies.
Content in the Services
- You understand that all information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the Services are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. All such information is referred to below as the "Content."
- You should be aware that Content presented to you as part of the Services, including but not limited to advertisements in the Services and sponsored Content within the Services may be protected by intellectual property rights which are owned by the sponsors or advertisers who provide that Content to Fugu (or by other persons or companies on their behalf). You may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on this Content (either in whole or in part) unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by Fugu or by the owners of that Content, in a separate agreement.
- Fugu reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all Content from any Service. In addition, there are commercially available services and software to limit access to material that you may find objectionable.
- You understand that by using the Services you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable and that, in this respect, you use the Services at your own risk.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Fugu has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any Content that you create, transmit or display while using the Services and for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which Fugu may suffer) by doing so.
- You acknowledge and agree that Fugu (or Fugu's licensors) own all legal right, title and interest in and to the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Services (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist).
- Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Fugu, nothing in the Agreement gives you a right to use any of Fugu's trade names, trade marks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features.
- If you have been given an explicit right to use any of these brand features in a separate written agreement with Fugu, then you agree that your use of such features shall be in compliance with that agreement, any applicable provisions of the Agreement, and Fugu's brand feature use guidelines as updated from time to time.
- Fugu acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Agreement in or to any Content that you submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Fugu, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that Fugu has no obligation to do so on your behalf.
- You agree that you shall not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices (including copyright and trade mark notices) which may be affixed to or contained within the Services.
- Unless you have been expressly authorized to do so in writing by Fugu, you agree that in using the Services, you will not use any trade mark, service mark, trade name, logo of any company or organization in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos.
License from Fugu
- Fugu gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software provided to you by Fugu as part of the Services as provided to you by Fugu (referred to as the "Software" below). This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by Fugu, in the manner permitted by the Agreement.
- Subject to section 1.2, you may not (and you may not permit anyone else to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the Software or any part thereof, unless this is expressly permitted or required by law, or unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by Fugu, in writing.
- Subject to section 1.2, unless Fugu has given you specific written permission to do so, you may not assign (or grant a sub-license of) your rights to use the Software, grant a security interest in or over your rights to use the Software, or otherwise transfer any part of your rights to use the Software.
Content license from you
- You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.
- The Software which you use may automatically download and install updates from time to time from Fugu. These updates are designed to improve, enhance and further develop the Services and may take the form of bug fixes, enhanced functions, new software modules and completely new versions. You agree to receive such updates (and permit Fugu to deliver these to you) as part of your use of the Services.
Ending your relationship with Fugu
- The Agreement will continue to apply until terminated by either you or Fugu as set out below.
Fugu may at any time, terminate its legal agreement with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Agreement (or have acted in manner which clearly shows that you do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of the Agreement); or
- Fugu is required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Services to you is, or becomes, unlawful); or
- the partner with whom Fugu offered the Services to you has terminated its relationship with Fugu or ceased to offer the Services to you; or
- Fugu is transitioning to no longer providing the Services to users in the country in which you are resident or from which you use the service; or
- the provision of the Services to you by Fugu is, in Fugu's opinion, no longer commercially viable.
- Nothing in this Section shall affect Fugu's rights regarding provision of Services under Section 4 of the Agreement.
- When these Agreement come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and Fugu have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Agreement have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation, and the provisions of paragraph 19.7 shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES
- NOTHING IN THESE TERMS, INCLUDING SECTIONS 13 AND 14, SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT FUGU'S WARRANTY OR LIABILITY FOR LOSSES WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE LIMITATIONS WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE."
IN PARTICULAR, FUGU, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS,
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR,
- ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND
- THAT DEFECTS IN THE OPERATION OR FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY SOFTWARE PROVIDED TO YOU AS PART OF THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM FUGU OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.
- FUGU FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
SUBJECT TO OVERALL PROVISION IN PARAGRAPH 13.1 ABOVE, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT FUGU, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR:
- ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY.. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS;
ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF:
- ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE SERVICES;
- ANY CHANGES WHICH FUGU MAY MAKE TO THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES (OR ANY FEATURES WITHIN THE SERVICES);
- THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY CONTENT AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES;
- YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE FUGU WITH ACCURATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION;
- YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL;
- THE LIMITATIONS ON FUGU'S LIABILITY TO YOU IN PARAGRAPH 14.1 ABOVE SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT FUGU HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
- The Services may include hyperlinks to other web sites or content or resources. Fugu may have no control over any web sites or resources which are provided by companies or persons other than Fugu.
- You acknowledge and agree that Fugu is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such web sites or resources.
- You acknowledge and agree that Fugu is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such web sites or resources.
Changes to the Agreement
- Fugu may make changes to the General Agreement or Additional Agreement from time to time. When these changes are made, Fugu will make a new copy of the General Agreement available at /tos and any new Additional Agreement will be made available to you from within, or through, the affected Services.
- You understand and agree that if you use the Services after the date on which the General Agreement or Additional Agreement have changed, Fugu will treat your use as acceptance of the updated General Agreement or Additional Agreement.
General legal terms
- Sometimes when you use the Services, you may (as a result of, or in connection with your use of the Services) use a service or download a piece of software, or purchase goods, which are provided by another person or company. Your use of these other services, software or goods may be subject to separate terms between you and the company or person concerned. If so, the Agreement do not affect your legal relationship with these other companies or individuals.
- The Agreement constitute the whole legal agreement between you and Fugu and govern your use of the Services (but excluding any services which Fugu may provide to you under a separate written agreement), and completely replace any prior agreements between you and Fugu in relation to the Services.
- You agree that Fugu may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Agreement, by email, regular mail, or postings on the Services.
- You agree that if Fugu does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Agreement (or which Fugu has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Fugu's rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to Fugu.
- If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Agreement is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Agreement without affecting the rest of the Agreement. The remaining provisions of the Agreement will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- You acknowledge and agree that each member of the group of companies of which Fugu is the parent shall be third party beneficiaries to the Agreement and that such other companies shall be entitled to directly enforce, and rely upon, any provision of the Agreement which confers a benefit on (or rights in favor of) them. Other than this, no other person or company shall be third party beneficiaries to the Agreement.
- The Agreement, and your relationship with Fugu under the Agreement, shall be governed by the laws of the British Virgin Islands without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You and Fugu agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within Territory of the Virgin Islands to resolve any legal matter arising from the Agreement. Notwithstanding this, you agree that Fugu shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction. Person or company shall be third party beneficiaries to the Agreement.
Last Updated: Sept. 2019